Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

My curse

A curse is "a solemn utterance to invoke a supernatural power to inflict harm or punishment on someone or something."  Sounds about right.

I am 100% serious in saying that a curse besets me.  I believe in supernatural powers.  How else would you explain this?


You would not believe how many times in a week I see this time.  11:34.  Before lunch.  Before bed.  It doesn't matter.  It's the most mind-numbing thing I've ever witnessed.  Often I see this time twice in a single day.  Absurd.

Normally I wouldn't care much about something so trivial as this.  In fact, I would almost welcome it in most cases.  But not this.  Everything was groovy in life until I realized what I was seeing.  You see 11:34.  I see this:


hEll.  I see hEll, and I see it a lot.  It's been disturbing me since I laughed at some kid's solo tryout in choir.

1 comment:

Sara said...

A. i'm sorry if you actually read my blog. that must be terribly boring for you.

B. i'm sorry you missed stake conference! BUT you were with Family, and i think the Lord understands how important that is. I took notes of the sunday session, incase you ever wonder what everybody talked about.

and C. it's terrible that you have to go through this every day! it's too bad it isn't 12:34 so you can think 1, 2, 3, 4! every time. or 11:11 so you can make a wish! i hope you can find a way to get rid of the curse.